Author Topic: [G13] Questions about layouts and HWInfo plugin  (Read 2350 times)

spookyneo

[G13] Questions about layouts and HWInfo plugin
« on: 2015-02-09 16:43:52 »
Hi,

I've been working on my first layout for few hours and I'm running into issues. I am pretty sure I just can't figure out how to do what I need, and hopefuly you guys can help me out.

I own a Logitech G13 and I want to create a layout based on LCDSirReal. I used LCDSirReal for few months and really liked the layout with the 4 tabs on the bottom. Now, I've moved to LCDHost to get metrics from MSI Afterburner, HWInfo and other plugins which were not available in LCDSirReal. I have recreated the overall look and feel of LCDSirReal with LCDHost, with the 4 boxes/tab on the bottom. I want my G13 LCD buttons to change the tabs. For exemple, the first tab on the left is everything about CPU (temperature, load bars, historical graphs) and I would like to be able to switch between those graphs after pressing the button right under it. How can I achieve that ? Each tab has its own button under. I've looked at the LH_Cursor plugin, but the guide is for a G19 lcd and LCDHost crashes when changing boundries on step 1.

I also have an issue with the HWInfo plugin. I use HWInfo 4.40, because 4.44, 4.46 and 4.48 makes LCDHost crash. 4.50 just shows no metrics in LCDHost. I know, this is a known issue so I am running 4.40. However, my issue is that if I want to display values or graphs based in HWInfo metrics, LCDHost shows the values for Current, Min, Max and Average all together. I can't seem to find where to tell LCDHost to show only the Current value. Any clues ?

Thanks !

Neo. :)

spookyneo

Re: [G13] Questions about layouts and HWInfo plugin
« Reply #1 on: 2015-02-13 19:17:47 »
An update :

So I finally was able to make the LH_Cursor plugin work. I was having 2 issues :

- I forgot to put the appropriate Cursor object for each Cursor Rectangle. Therefore, each rectangle had a position but were not associated to any cursor.
- LCDHost was always crashing when trying to modify the boundries of a cursor to anything else than 1,1,3,3 (default). In order to prevent LCDHost for crashing, I must not erase the entire string (1,1,3,3) but replace the digits in the string only. None of the commas must be erased. Doing so, I was able to modify each cursor in order to have the appropriate number of tabs I needed for each button. For exemple, button 1 has 3 tabs, so 1,1,1,3. Button 2 has 4 tabs : 1,1,1,4. And so on.

It took some time, but I'm happy with the results and this is exactly what I wanted !

I still have the issue with the HWInfo graphs. The Monitoring (Text) object is fine and displays only the current value of the select HWInfo object. However, the Monitoring (Graphs) shows Current, Min, Max and Average at the same time. Annoying as only Current is needed :(

Sergio

« Reply #2 on: 2016-05-29 19:36:41 »
Hi spookyneo,

I also have an G13 and trying LCDHost.
Can you share your Layout with us?

Thanks!

spookyneo

« Reply #3 on: 2016-05-29 19:43:45 »
Hi spookyneo,

I also have an G13 and trying LCDHost.
Can you share your Layout with us?

Thanks!

Hey,

I don't use LCDHost anymore but still have the template. I uploaded it here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByQjYqcVH-Q8RDlXaVJCLU9sdE0

You need the DoubleOhOne font to make it work properly, otherwise it will look pretty weird.

Cheers,

Neo.