Author Topic: Problem with lcdhost and screensaver  (Read 7005 times)

bob452

Problem with lcdhost and screensaver
« on: 2012-03-30 14:53:51 »
Hi

First, thank for that superb programm. I earned a G19 a couple of month ago and was at first disapointed by it. Then i found LCDhost ^^

But I have a small problem with my main monitor (an asus) since I installed LCDhost:
As long as LCDhost is running, my monitor's screensaver doesnt work after the normal 5min. My monitor doesnt shut down either after the normal 15 min
-> My monitor is allways on

I tried killing a lot of process, and its allways the same. LCDhost is the one and only thing i have to stop, so that my screensaver work again, then the monitor shuts down normally

I tried so much things, Im now clueless. ( I tried to disconnect all my usb devices one by one, I tried to kill the programs one by one and so on....)
Has anyone the same problem? Does someone know, how I could solve that issue?
« Last Edit: 2012-03-30 21:54:35 by bob452 »

SirReal

• Administrator
    • linkdata.se
Re: Problem with lcdhost and screensaver
« Reply #1 on: 2012-04-02 11:24:15 »
Probably a bu, although I can't think of what should cause that. Is there any particular screensaver you're using?

bob452

« Reply #2 on: 2012-04-04 10:20:45 »
a bu? You mean a bug?

I use one of the preinstalled screensaver in windows (but my windows is hacked ^^)

John_Edward

« Reply #3 on: 2012-05-28 12:37:36 »
I'll revive this, as I have a same kind of a problem.

I have set my monitors to go to sleep in 20minutes, but when LCDHost is running, it doesn't work.
I also have a script that closes my monitors that I use whenever I leave.
They do close, but after a few minutes, they come on again.
It seems that LCDHost is waking the screens for some reason, but it would seem to be something that happens every few minutes or so.

If I close LCDHost, this problem goes away.

I am using 0.0.25, but this problem was with 0.0.24 too.

SirReal

• Administrator
    • linkdata.se
« Reply #4 on: 2012-05-28 14:36:25 »
Try disabling plugins, see if it's one of them causing the problem.

John_Edward

« Reply #5 on: 2012-05-28 14:48:46 »
I unloaded every single plugin, the problem still exists, even though the screen only shows the "LOGITECH LCD SCREEN SAVER"

SirReal

• Administrator
    • linkdata.se
« Reply #6 on: 2012-05-29 11:42:37 »
I unloaded every single plugin, the problem still exists, even though the screen only shows the "LOGITECH LCD SCREEN SAVER"

Wait what? That's strange indeed. I'll see if I can reproduce this myself.

outtamymind

« Reply #7 on: 2013-10-07 16:12:06 »
i know this is an old thread, but was this issue ever resolved.

i just got a G19 and have been using LCDHost. but my screensavers or power management do not operate normally.

if LCDHost is not running everything works correctly.

I am using the following.

Windows 7 Ultimate
LCDHost V.034 (which i believe is the latest version.)

John_Edward

« Reply #8 on: 2013-10-07 17:16:55 »
Hah, email notif reminded me

I updated my computer, reinstalled windows, and I updated Logitech Gaming Software from the legacy version to the newest one, and this problem still persists.

These are the specs for my setups where this problem exists:
1) Intel C2D 8400 / Asus P5Q-Pro / GTX275 (and GTX570)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
G15 & LCDhost 0.24 to 0.34

2) Intel i5 4670K / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / GTX 570
Windows 7 Professional 64bit
G15 & LCDhost 0.34

outtamymind

« Reply #9 on: 2013-10-07 18:05:31 »
i was looking through the registry and noticed 2 entries that might be the cause.

i'll be testing a few things later tonight and post back what i find.

i love the LCDHost setup and want to keep it going but i need to be able to have my screens turn off without having to do it manually.

who0p

« Reply #10 on: 2013-10-16 23:58:52 »
I remember having this problem a while back, and I never new what caused it. I dont remember how I fixed it either, because I just lived with it for a while then one day, the screensaver and screen timeout started to work.
Have you tried changing the theme in Appearance & Personalization, also changing screen saver setting? Do you have the latest logitech software, version 8.5?

xiinator

« Reply #11 on: 2013-10-20 04:27:16 »
I have the latest Logitech drivers installed and I'm having the same issues with lcdhost. I'm still on v.025 as that seems to be the ONLY version that works perfectly. All the later versions the graphics screw up and the layout seems to "run away". Did those registry settings work? What were they? Any solution?

who0p

« Reply #12 on: 2013-10-23 03:33:40 »
I'm still on v.025 as that seems to be the ONLY version that works perfectly. All the later versions the graphics screw up and the layout seems to "run away".

Have you tried v34 to see if the problem goes away? What do you mean the graphics screw up?

I loaded the default Eos layout. There is 1 problem with it, that maybe the cause of your "graphics screw up".
* In the "Instances" box, you should see "Gaming BG". Click on that.
* To the right in the "General" box, you should see "Value Type". Make sure its set to "Game Name", and not "Current FPS"

xiinator

« Reply #13 on: 2013-10-24 02:08:01 »
The "graphic screwup" would be I would get weird color spotches and lines during image changes.

I just now did a clean install of .34 and so far no MAJOR glitching but I do see a dot in the upper-left corner. If you look closely at the image below you'll see a small dot (I know nit-picky) on the upper-left corner (and NO it's NOT part of any image or anything). Sometimes I'll have random dots somewhere on the display.

Version .34 did NOT solve my screensaver issue as it still will not pop up while lcdhost is running. (I also did not used to have this issue with .25).

Version .34 also does not seem to be able to keep my image read data from another item as it resets back to nothing every time I restart the program.

Going back to .25...again.

who0p

« Reply #14 on: 2013-10-25 01:38:00 »
Could I possibly have a copy of your layout?