Author Topic: ►►►Paragon IV - The Paragon of Layouts◄◄◄  (Read 15788 times)

Afterlife

Paragon v4.0.2
►►►Download Here◄◄◄
MD5: d3d6e2c086b52e719e802301704d8cc2
------------------------------------------

Brand New Menu System

Table of contents:
1 Changelog
2 Required Programs
3 Software Installation
4 Layout Configuration
5 Game Activated Colors and Backgrounds
6 Known Issues
7 LCDHost Bugs
8 FAQ
9 Credits
10 Download Link

Changelog:

Version 4.0.2 (5/26/2015)
-New Font (much easier to read)
-Clock now has Seconds Ticker
-RSS Feed now displays on 2 lines and is user customizable
-Networking now locked to Kilobytes for a more detailed and consistent indication of network use
-x264 Accl. readout does not display if sensor not present. (cleaner look)
-CPU temps now change color to warn of possible overheat at and above 80c
-Multiple bug fixes

Version 4.0.1 (10/16/2014)
-Added proper temperature support for multiple GPU's
-Multiple bug fixes.

Version 4.0.0 (10/06/2014)
-Updated for LCDHost 0.0.37.
-Drastically reduced setup time via clickable configuration gui.
-Game activated color/background profiles added.
-CPU graph desynchronization with other graphs has been fixed.
-Changed TeamSpeak text size and position.
-Network graphs modified for continuity with drive graphs.
-Network Upload graph colors changed.
-6 New Colors - Available colors now include: Gold, Silver, Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Purple, Teal.
-Teamspeak 3 text has been turned into an automated TS3/MediaPlayer/RSS hybrid field. (Priority is Teamspeak > Media > RSS)
-Instances have been organized into categories and simplified.
-Added 6-Core and 1-Core CPU Temperature sensor option.
-Ram bar now configured automatically.
-Fps Dial no longer rolls back on itself.
-Now supports monitors with refresh rates of 60hz, 90hz, 120hz, 144hz and 240hz (switching is now easy).
-x264 Engine text now lights up gold when in use (playing a hardware accelerated video or using Nvidia shadowplay).
-Added "Frozen" popup over "Last Update" text when drive stats plugin crashes to make freezing more noticeable.
-GPU Memory Clock added next to GPU Core Clock text.
-Network resource usage text has been restored (LCDhost 0.0.37 had broken it).
-When in desktop, Fraps will no longer say Dwm, it will now display Desktop.
-Some additional features not mentioned (incomplete or not yet user friendly).
-Several Bug fixes and performance improvements.

Version 3.0.2 (09/09/13)
-No longer need Speedfan! Replaced by HWiNFO.
-CPU and GPU frequencies added.
-Frozen drive statistics counter added.
-CPU and GPU Voltages added.
-Ram and Vram are now mini graphs.
-GPU Fan relocated.
-Hardware Video Decoder usage added.
-Drive space now displays available space instead of used space.
-Usage percentages added to drive graph.
-TeamSpeak added (blank until a user speaks in your TeamSpeak channel).

Required Programs:
LCDHost v0.0.37 (or newer)
HWiNFO [v4.44 or older]
MSI Afterburner [Only necessary for multiple GPU's]
GPU-Z
Fraps [Necessary for game activated colors and backgrounds]
Windows Media Player Plus!
[Optional plugin for those who use WMP]

Software Installation:

These steps will only need to be performed once and never again. Also, If anyone is willing to provide German, French and/or Spanish translations, we would be very grateful and will indeed include them in this post with accompanying credit to the translator.

1 - Download and install the latest version of LCDHost, then close/exit it if you have it running.
2 - Download and open the Paragon zip file and drag the Paragon Layout folder to C:\Users\[username]\Documents\LCDHost\layouts\. Minimize this folder window for later.
Note: This directory is crucial to the functionality of Paragon. If you've installed LCDHost elsewhere that is fine, but the Paragon .xml and it's accompanying files must be located in [LCDHost installation directory]\layouts\[Paragon Folder Name].

3 - Download, install and run HWiNFO. If you get a prompt asking if you want to disable ASUS EC, disable it.
4 - At the top of the list, right-click and disable all the sensors within this image except those inside a green box.

5 - You only need to disable 1 more sensor, ASUS EC. This will prevent LCDHost crashes. When finished click save.

6 - Run HWiNFO again and click Minimize All.

7 - To autostart HWiNFO at boot in Windows 7, click Start and type "HWiNFO" (without quotes), then right-click "HWiNFO Program" in results list and click "Properties".
8 - Copy the target box text (including quotes), it should be something like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\HWiNFO32\HWiNFO32.EXE"
9 - Click Start and type "Task Scheduler" (without quotes) in the search box, then click Task Scheduler.
10 - In the "Task Scheduler Library" folder, right-click a white space in the center window and select "Create Basic Task"

10a - Name it "HWiNFO autostart" (without quotes), click next.
10b - Select "When I log on", click next.
10c - Select "Start a program, click next.
10d - Paste copied text taken from the HWiNFO shortcut properties target box earlier, click next.
10e - Checkbox "Open the Properties dialog for this task when I click Finish" at the bottom and click Finish.
10f - Click the settings tab at the top of the new window that opens and uncheck "Stop the task if it runs longer than:" and click OK.

11 - Close Task Scheduler and the HWiNFO Properties window if you still have it open.

Note - You only need to perform the next few steps if you have multiple GPU's, otherwise you may skip all MSI Afterburner related steps.
12 - Download, install and run MSI Afterburner.
13 - Configure MSI Afterburner settings like so:

14 - Click OK and minimize MSI Afterburner.

15 - Download, install and run GPU-Z.
16 - Click the Sensors tab, then checkbox "Continue refreshing this screen while GPU-Z is in the background" at the bottom.

17 - Right-click the top banner and checkbox "Load on Windows Startup", then click Minimize.

18 - Download, install and run Fraps.
19 - Check the boxes in this image, then minimize Fraps.

20 - In Windows 7, click Start and type "Fonts" (without quotes) in the search box, then click Fonts.
21 - Open your Paragon layout folder from step 2 and drag the G13-Tiny.fnt file into the Fonts window.

22 - Close the Fonts window after the font installs.
23 - If you use Windows Media Player (WMP), download and install Windows Media Player Plus!
24 - Open WMP. Press Alt once, then click Tools >> Plug-in properties >> Windows Media Player Plus!
25 - Under the "IM Clients" section, check the two boxes in this image, then click OK.

Note: This plugin contains several excellent features; such as resuming previous playlist and track position upon launch. You are recommended to peruse this plugin in your leisure time to take advantage of these helpful improvements to WMP.

26 - Visit Speedtest.net and run a test.

27 - Run LCDHost and under the System tab, type your Speedtest results into the network section. Configure as follows.

Download Speed = Max rate in. Upload Speed = Max rate out.

Note: Lower your settings somewhat since Speedtest.net doesn't perform an extended test and therefore doesn't account for burst mode.

28 - Switch to the Plugins tab. Click monitoring and slide the Fraps slider to max.

29 - Click Now Playing and untick all the music players you do not use. This will drastically reduce all plugin crashes.

30 - Ensure all the plugins in the image above are loaded with a green circle next to their names (lg160x43 and lg320x240 excluded).
31 - File >> Exit to save changes.

Layout Configuration:

Note - If updating from Paragon v4.0.0 or later, please visit the Update Section below.

1 - File >> Open, navigate to your Paragon folder and open the layout.
2 - Under the Layout tab, drag the slider in the bottom left corner until the entire layout and it's accompanying fields are in view.

3 - Modify all yellow text within the fields above and below the layout to configure it for your PC. Simply click each yellow field and change it's text value on the far right.

[Notes:]
CPU Temp Sensors - Even if you have 4 core temps, you can type 6 anyway if you prefer a more balanced look.
GPU RAM - GPU-Z contains your total GPU RAM memory under the Graphics Card tab.
CPU Fan Speed - If you have an Asus motherboard, you can use the AI Suite II tool Fan Xpert+ to test and determine your maximum CPU fan speed. Setting your CPU fan to 100% in SpeedFan may also help you determine this.

4 - If your secondary drive letter is not E, click the Secondary Drive Free Space instance and change Value Item to your desired drive letter.

5 - Save - File >> Save.

This extreme reduction in setup time makes updating to newer versions of Paragon quick and easy. More features will be added very soon and each version is thoroughly tested before release. Don't be afraid to update!

Game Activated Colors and Backgrounds:

This is by far the most powerful feature in Paragon IV. You can now configure Paragon to activate the colors and/or custom background images of your choosing when a game is detected. Combine this with your Logitech Gaming Software profiles to color match for a fully automated, immersive gaming experience.

To create a profile, select the Game Color Profiles instance and follow the steps in this image.

As shown above, upon clicking save your new condition will be added to the list. If you select individual conditions from the list, you can modify them without creating new conditions. You don't have to type the whole game name, the first 5 or 6 letters should suffice. Just be sure not to type too few letters as this can cause issues with other games of the same first few letters (though that can be useful if you play a game with multiple .exe's or versions). Finally, feel free to use your own custom images. Just place them in the Paragon folder and type the full image file name (with extension) into Step 9.

Note: You will always end up with 2 conditions per game in your list; 1 for containers, and 1 for the background. DO NOT DELETE OR MODIFY THE FIRST CONDITION!!! When updating, transferring your existing conditions (no matter how many) takes only seconds. Instructions are provided in the Update Section below

If you notice your background is too bright and blinds you to the layouts' monitoring data, you can use the background darkener feature. In the "Game Profile Custom Background Darkener" instance, follow the steps in this image.

You only need to add one condition per image, not per game. DO NOT DELETE OR MODIFY THE FIRST CONDITION!!!

Known Issues:

RSS Feed Activation - You currently cannot open RSS feeds in your browser through the keyboard menu buttons. This is due to the enormous number of conflictions it would generate as there are several menus layered on top of each other to add depth and expansion potential to layout control. This will be resolved in the future if a solution to these conflictions is found.

Game Profile Activation - 2 seconds after a Game Profile activates, the background will switch to it's previous profile for 1 second before the correct profile is restored. This is by design due to limitations within LCDHost.

LCDHost Bugs:

Plugin Crashes - Drive Stats or Now Playing information may freeze from time to time [Plugin developer bug]. If this occurs, a popup will display "FROZEN" under the Drive Graph or Now Playing information will simply fail to display info when playing music. To quickly fix, use the Paragon menu by pressing the MENU key on your keyboard and select "Restart LCDHost". A confirmation prompt will appear, read it and select Yes.

FAQ:

I've downloaded multiple parts of the same zip, how do I extract?
Open the first part, then drag and drop it's contents into C:\Users\[username]\Documents\LCDHost\layouts\

When refreshing LCDHost from the Paragon menu, I get an error.
Your Paragon folder must be extracted to C:\Users\[username]\Documents\LCDHost\layouts\

Why is my background flickering?
You have a confliction in your game color profiles instance condition list. Check your conditions list for redundancies or overlapping game names (e.g. crysis and crysis3 both begin with "crysis" and will conflict if they have different colors/backgrounds).

Over 2000 Images and 500 xml's were created and saved for this layout.
Over 1000 hours were spent in the testing, designing and creation of this layout.
The Logitech G19 has never looked so good!
Requests welcome!

Credits:
Anthony G. - Main Developer
Andre G. - Quality Assurance

Thanks to NealC for the G13-Tiny font.
Thanks to Eos for the skyrim.png background.
Thanks to JWMutant for some great suggestions.

« Last Edit: 2015-10-15 05:07:05 by Afterlife »

Afterlife

Afterlife

Afterlife

Re: [This post is under construction - Oct 8th 2014]
« Reply #3 on: 2014-10-08 08:05:51 »
Reserved
« Last Edit: 2014-10-16 14:25:52 by Afterlife »

Afterlife

Re: [This post is under construction - Oct 8th 2014]
« Reply #4 on: 2014-10-08 08:06:24 »
Reserved
« Last Edit: 2014-10-16 14:25:41 by Afterlife »

Afterlife

Update Section
« Reply #5 on: 2014-10-08 08:13:42 »
Paragon v4.0.2
►►►Download Here◄◄◄
MD5: d3d6e2c086b52e719e802301704d8cc2

Changelog:

Version 4.0.2 (5/26/2015)
-New Font (much easier to read)
-Clock now has Seconds Ticker
-RSS Feed now displays on 2 lines and is user customizable
-Networking now locked to Kilobytes for a more detailed and consistent indication of network use
-x264 Accl. readout does not display if sensor not present. (cleaner look)
-CPU temps now change color to warn of possible overheat at and above 80c
-Multiple bug fixes

Version 4.0.1 (10/16/2014)
-Added proper temperature support for multiple GPU's
-Multiple bug fixes

Update Instructions (from 4.0.0-4.0.1):

1 - Download and open the Paragon zip file and drag the Paragon Layout folder to C:\Users\[username]\Documents\LCDHost\layouts\.
Note: This directory is crucial to the functionality of Paragon. If you've installed LCDHost elsewhere that is fine, but the Paragon .xml and it's accompanying files must be located in [LCDHost installation directory]\layouts\[Paragon Folder Name].

Note - You only need to perform the next few steps if you have multiple GPU's, otherwise you may skip all MSI Afterburner related steps.
2 - Download, install and run MSI Afterburner.
3 - Configure MSI Afterburner settings like so:

4 - Click OK and minimize MSI Afterburner.

5 - To import your game profiles, be sure to have your old layout open and select the "Game Color Profiles" instance and click "Copy" on the right hand side.

6 - File >> Open, navigate to your new Paragon folder and open the new layout.
7 - Under the Layout tab, select the "Game Color Profiles" instance, then select any condition on the list to the right and click "Delete" repeatedly to delete them all.
8 - Finally click "Paste" and your profiles will be imported. You may go back and repeat this process to import your profiles from the "Game Profile Custom Background Darkener" instance as well.

9 - Drag the slider in the bottom left corner until the entire layout and it's accompanying fields are in view.

10 - Modify all yellow text within the fields above and below the layout to configure it for your PC. Simply click each yellow field and change it's text value on the far right.

[Notes:]
CPU Temp Sensors - Even if you have 4 core temps, you can type 6 anyway if you prefer a more balanced look. AMD users should type 1.
GPU RAM - GPU-Z contains your total GPU RAM memory under the Graphics Card tab.
CPU Fan Speed - If you have an Asus motherboard, you can use the AI Suite II tool Fan Xpert+ to test and determine your maximum CPU fan speed. Setting your CPU fan to 100% in SpeedFan may also help you determine this.

11 - If your secondary drive letter is not E, click the Secondary Drive Free Space instance and change Value Item to your desired drive letter.

12 - File >> Save.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-27 02:26:13 by Afterlife »

Afterlife

Re: ►►►Paragon IV - The Paragon of Layouts◄◄◄
« Reply #6 on: 2014-10-11 15:28:55 »
Paragon v4.0.0 released, enjoy!

xxViennaxx

Great work! Congrats
« Reply #7 on: 2014-10-16 09:47:08 »
Hello! First of all, congratulation on your work. Best layout ever, been using since I bought my G19.

I have a little bug. My selected color will not remain Red. Every time I restart LCDHost, it also resets the color. Any ways that I can fix this?
Another thing, HWiNFO is not reading the core temps properly. it olny reads the first of my 8 core temps. What can I do?

Afterlife

Re: Great work! Congrats
« Reply #8 on: 2014-10-16 11:20:56 »
Hello! First of all, congratulation on your work. Best layout ever, been using since I bought my G19.

I have a little bug. My selected color will not remain Red. Every time I restart LCDHost, it also resets the color. Any ways that I can fix this?
Another thing, HWiNFO is not reading the core temps properly. it olny reads the first of my 8 core temps. What can I do?

Thank you so much for your compliments, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Paragon. When restarting LCDHost, you probably scroll up through the Paragon menu (activated with your keyboard's MENU key) and roll over gold (or teal if scrolling down). This changes the color and the changes are remembered upon startup. This is a unique annoyance which may be addressed during a menu redesign we have planned for the future. If your issue has a different cause, please explain further exactly how you're changing your Paragon color to Red.

Your issue with HWiNFO temperatures has not been encountered during our testing. In your next reply, please attach a screenshot of HWiNFO (CPU temperature sensor section), a screenshot of your layout in LCDHost (tools >> screenshot) [screenshot will be located in layout folder] and the .xml you are currently using so we can further assist you and perhaps patch the next version of Paragon.
[Note: AMD CPU's contain only 1 temperature sensor, therefore selecting 1 under "# of CPU Temp Sensors" within Paragon would be preferable.]

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We appreciate your assistance and hope you continue to use Paragon.
-Afterlife
« Last Edit: 2014-10-16 14:22:12 by Afterlife »

Afterlife

« Reply #9 on: 2014-10-16 14:11:31 »
Paragon v4.0.1 released, enjoy!

xxViennaxx

« Reply #10 on: 2014-10-16 17:37:08 »
Thank you for the quick reply.

As noted, I have an AMD CPU and didn't know it had only one sensor. Sorry for that.

I have fixed the issue with the color. It seems that when changed from the  LCDHost layout editor, they do not stick. But when changed using the menu from the keyboard they will stick, as you said they would. Thanks again.

Also, I have discovered something with my AMD GPU too. From watching your GPU-Z screenshots and comparing with mine, it seems AMD does not have a Video Engine Load sensor, as you can see here:

How can I use this feature? Or is it not available for me?
« Last Edit: 2014-10-16 23:02:23 by xxViennaxx »

Afterlife

« Reply #11 on: 2014-10-25 22:02:01 »
Hey xxViennaxx,
I apologize that I haven't had a chance to reply earlier. The new AMD graphics architecture either no longer includes an independent hardware accelerator, or more likely simply does not contain an accelerated sensor (method of tracking). This will be taken into consideration in an upcoming update. Our intention is to replace it with a different sensor in the event proper tracking is not detected.

Thank you xxViennaxx for bringing this to our attention, we will attempt to address this issue soon.
-Afterlife

Afterlife

« Reply #12 on: 2014-11-19 00:09:20 »
Development continues. Updates are planned for rollout in a few weeks. Stay tuned and thank you for your continued support!

Afterlife

« Reply #13 on: 2015-04-26 21:02:14 »
After several months of modifications and testing, a long overdue update is scheduled to be released shortly. Features will include (but are not limited to):

-Easier to Read Font
-User Configurable 2 Line RSS Feed (Still Under Development)
-Networking now locked to Kilobytes for a more detailed indication of network use
-Clock now displays seconds ticker
-x264 Accl. does not display if N/A (Looks cleaner for AMD GPU users)
-CPU temps now change color to warn of possible overheat at and above 80c (Still Under Development)
-Several bug fixes

Thank you for your continued support!
« Last Edit: 2015-04-26 21:05:44 by Afterlife »

masterofdisasta7

« Reply #14 on: 2015-05-14 00:11:37 »
Hello! This is an awesome layout for sure! But Ive followed all instructions but for some reason my CPU clock speed, voltage and cpu temps wont display and just says N/A.The CPU histogram displays correctly. I have the newest version of HWINFO 64, ver 4.62. Could this be the cause? I can still see all the infos displayed correctly in the sensor list but it doesnt seem to translate to the layout. I have an ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO VII mobo. Also the main drive display constantly freezes and diplays FROZEN and must be reset. Attached is a screenshot. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.