Author Topic: Fallout PipBoy and RobCo layouts  (Read 6268 times)

jilkka

Fallout PipBoy and RobCo layouts
« on: 2016-01-31 19:58:36 »
My first layouts from scratch. Check readme file for requirements before opening layouts.

Fallout PipBoy

Fallout RobCo Terminal

Enjoy!

Wahnsinn

Re: Fallout PipBoy and RobCo layouts
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-11 19:11:24 »
Damn! Love the layouts dude. Deff one of the best I've seen in a long time. Keep it up!

PS: 77 views, a total of 20+ downloads and no one said thanks? Come one...just sayin'

jilkka

« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-21 03:16:37 »
Damn! Love the layouts dude. Deff one of the best I've seen in a long time. Keep it up!

PS: 77 views, a total of 20+ downloads and no one said thanks? Come one...just sayin'

Thanks alot Wahnsinn! This forum doesnt seem too active. Not sure why, the software still works, people should still be making cool new layouts too!
I really want to make the PipBoy layout interactive with the keyboard's arrows and ok button, but not sure how to I could get it to work in LCDHost. Thinking something like, make each "screen" then move everything off screen and have it offset via like a keyframe or something so that once the arrow is pressed, it will move over.

Antistar

« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-21 11:08:46 »
I really want to make the PipBoy layout interactive with the keyboard's arrows and ok button, but not sure how to I could get it to work in LCDHost. Thinking something like, make each "screen" then move everything off screen and have it offset via like a keyframe or something so that once the arrow is pressed, it will move over.

That's something I do in ColourBlocks - though I got that from another layout, like it says in the description there - so you could look at that to see how to do it.

Switching between tabs would suit a Pip-Boy layout; in fact looking at your screenshot there I'd thought you'd already done that.

jilkka

« Reply #4 on: 2016-02-29 23:01:38 »

That's something I do in ColourBlocks - though I got that from another layout, like it says in the description there - so you could look at that to see how to do it.

Switching between tabs would suit a Pip-Boy layout; in fact looking at your screenshot there I'd thought you'd already done that.

Nope, not yet. Think I found a way to do it by looking at the EOS skin. It has a lot of interactivity in it. Lots of Controls being used.

jilkka

« Reply #5 on: 2016-03-22 12:46:27 »

Just had a chance to look at your layout. That is nice! Really slick and clean.
Think I'll check out your controls one I get a chance and see about making more pages for the PipBoy. Think the RobCo is kinda just "stuck" being the way it is.

jilkka

« Reply #6 on: 2016-03-22 23:16:07 »
Antistar, could you take a look at my updated layout? Trying to implement the cursor controls like you have them, but am running into an issue. The cursor pages seemingly are not linking to /Cursors/Primary_Cursor. Mainly because the "Cursors" section isn't even showing up when I click on "Link to" here's a screenshot:

Barring that, since there are no pages being selected everything is white except the header which stays at the top of every page.

Hope you like the updated pages. Still working on deciding what will go on the "Tools" section. Input is encouraged.

Josa75

« Reply #7 on: 2016-03-23 18:14:19 »
Omg this is so cool.
Thanks man. u are great  8)

jilkka

« Reply #8 on: 2016-03-23 22:14:38 »
Omg this is so cool.
Thanks man. u are great  8)

Thanks alot! still a work in progress, as I'm currently attempting to implement the LCD arrow keys on the keyboard. Gonna have some great new screens once it's complete.

Antistar

« Reply #9 on: 2016-03-23 23:07:48 »
Antistar, could you take a look at my updated layout? Trying to implement the cursor controls like you have them, but am running into an issue. The cursor pages seemingly are not linking to /Cursors/Primary_Cursor. Mainly because the "Cursors" section isn't even showing up when I click on "Link to"

Like I said earlier, I got the cursor control stuff from another layout. To make ColourBlocks, I started with that other layout and essentially deleted all the content, just leaving the framework of the different pages with cursor controls. I then built ColourBlocks into that framework.

If all else fails, you could do the same thing - with it or with ColourBlocks - but I'm afraid I'd be at the same place you are; diving in and trying to work out how it works. Especially since I did all this around a year and a half ago. ;)

jilkka

« Reply #10 on: 2016-03-24 06:00:42 »
Haha, fair enough!

Josa75

« Reply #11 on: 2016-05-07 14:55:17 »
is there any way add logitech g930 battery lvl to (pipboy) screen? and if yes, then how?
Thx
JoSa

jilkka

« Reply #12 on: 2016-05-13 03:26:40 »
Currently not that I know of, I'd have to look into that one, but it might involve some kind of monitoring plugin.

naqazul

« Reply #13 on: 2016-06-15 17:34:05 »
Nice layout.  Keep us posted in your progress. 

anything