Author Topic: [Deprecated] LH_Aida64 (v1.00)  (Read 9971 times)

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
[Deprecated] LH_Aida64 (v1.00)
« on: 2010-12-17 20:08:17 »
This plugin is deprecated from A14, in favour of LH_Monitoring

(You must be logged in to view these screen shots and download the plugin)
LH_Aida64
Latest Version: 1.00

LH_Aida64 is a plugin that will connect to a running instance of Aida 64 Extreme or Everest Ultimate (Aida's discontinued predecessor) and pull out sensor data and display it in LCDHost:
  • Display sensor readouts simply as text.
  • Display status icons based on various thresholds (See LH_SpeedFan for more info). See the included icon sets which are based on the excellent icon set "silk" from famfamfam.com.
  • Plot graphs of sensors over time.

e.g.:

Here you can see my current layout, including an array of temperatures and the speed of my main fan.

Download
(Download disabled as the current version will be bundled with LCDHost A13)

Note that the icon sets use an image map (See LH_SpeedFan for more info).

N.B.: In order for this plugin to function you will need to enable "shared memory" under Preferences > External Appliactions.

All this look strangely similar to LH_SpeedFan? Well, that's because it is - these two plugins do basically the same thing but for different 3rd Party applications.
« Last Edit: 2011-01-21 17:59:58 by Triscopic »

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
Re: [Release] LH_Aida64 (v1.00)
« Reply #1 on: 2010-12-17 20:25:21 »
(reserved)
« Last Edit: 2010-12-19 14:20:44 by Triscopic »

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
« Reply #2 on: 2010-12-19 14:21:07 »
Unlocked this thread now A13 is out.

Insane

• TRI SLI GTX480's
« Reply #3 on: 2010-12-19 20:17:19 »
good work! u know i been waiting for it haha, thanks a bunch
excellent how we have such a wide range of sensors available now!

just enable all the sensors u want/need in everest! HEAPS :)

i noticed when i changed my gpu usage graphs from afterburner to this new everest/aida plugin...
all the options are gone? only 'Y labels on right' option left...?

Insane

• TRI SLI GTX480's
« Reply #4 on: 2010-12-20 02:01:30 »
for now i've just left the gpu graphs run by afterburner so i can edit the settings...

i've also been trying to figure out how to have the gpu usage as a 'bar' like the cpu, ram, network etc...instead of a graph
possible? will fit my theme of 'bars'.

also trying to do a 'bar' for the fan speed...

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
« Reply #5 on: 2010-12-20 09:08:58 »
Right now the monitoring plugins don't support bars, although it is on my to do list. It's annoying about the Aida graph; obviously whichever plugin I used as a template had options locked down.

I intend to do some major refactoring of all the monitoring plugins. When that happens itshould fix the graphing issue and make it much easier to add bars to them all.

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
« Reply #6 on: 2010-12-20 13:27:16 »
I've realised why Aida doesn't have min/max options and forces autoscaling and Afterburner does not. It's because of the data supplied by Afterburner - it actually tells you what the min & max values should be for a graph. That means if you turn off autoscaling the graph can still determine the optimal max value.

None of the others provide this info so they have to autoscale (otherwise they look utterly stupid).

I'll think about the best solution for this. I guess if I allow the user to specify a min/max directly (as already requested) on graphs that might fix it. Alternatively I could write better "over-spill" logic, so that if the graph goes above the maximum it could automatically resize to value + n% (right now it can shift it's maximum but only shifts it so it equals the value of the item that spilled over. Which on a fairly flat graph means you end up with a completely full graph area, hence it looks stupid)

I'll think about how best to fix it.

Insane

• TRI SLI GTX480's
« Reply #7 on: 2010-12-20 21:17:26 »
personally i'm not worried about auto-resizing....
actually why im using the afterburner one is i can set it to not auto size & show values :)
i want my gpu graph to be 0-100% always, as its for gpu usage..and want to see at a quick glance wat % gpu's are at

also as you may have seen in my layout i have got very slim graphs which act kinda like 'bars'...
quick update so they fluctuate almost like other 'bars' do

Insane

• TRI SLI GTX480's
« Reply #8 on: 2010-12-20 21:24:47 »
ahh yea would prefer the option to set min/max manually...personally dont like auto-resizing graphs

Voxicles

• Mhmm
« Reply #9 on: 2010-12-29 18:44:15 »
Works beautifully, although something is wrong with my setup, as i can't see half the info I should be able to.  But that's on my end :-P
- Vox

Founding Member - Final Encounter Gaming - FinalEncounter.net

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
« Reply #10 on: 2010-12-29 18:47:10 »
Ok. Let me know if you find any problems as I'm doing a major rewrite of all the monitoring plugins at the moment

Voxicles

• Mhmm
« Reply #11 on: 2010-12-29 20:54:29 »
Nah, I'm having issues in Everest itself.  I have top of the line mobo and every other peice of hardware, but everest can't seem to get the details for it.  Maybe I'm missing some drivers, or put things together in the wrong order... I don't know.  Only thing I'm really missing is the details of my usage of my video cards, but that's not really important for me, I still get 3 differnt temps for each video card.  Not really worried about how much of the memory they are using up, so long as they work as intended.
- Vox

Insane

• TRI SLI GTX480's
« Reply #12 on: 2010-12-29 21:43:43 »
which version of everest? i had that problem with one version..got a newer one and
one im using now is stil good.....havnt upgraded to AIDA yet
shows 4 temps for each GTX480, all fan speeds, gpu&  vpu usage, volts, etc....

also in preferences....hardware monitoring, external apps....u need to tick the ones u want shared to lcdhost....
maybe gpu usage details arent ticked in there?

Voxicles

• Mhmm
« Reply #13 on: 2010-12-29 22:40:55 »
Oh, I've been using Everest for 6 years.  It's not a problem getting my details to the screen, it's a problem with the program/my pc itself.  Everything goes to the g19 as it should, so that's not the issue.
- Vox

Insane

• TRI SLI GTX480's
« Reply #14 on: 2010-12-31 18:56:52 »
yea if everest shows 'unknown motherboard' it wont pick up all sensors.
I'm using beta 2253 which fixed the issue for me