Author Topic: [Deprecated] LH_SpeedFan (v1.22)  (Read 5410 times)

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
[Deprecated] LH_SpeedFan (v1.22)
« on: 2010-10-31 13:39:21 »
This plugin is deprecated from A14, in favour of LH_Monitoring

(You must be logged in to view these screen shots and download the plugin)
LH_SpeedFan
Latest Version: 1.22

LH_SpeedFan is a plugin that will connect to a running instance of SpeedFan and pull out the temperatures, fan speeds and voltages and display them in LCDHost.

You can also display status icons based on various thresholds - 70°C worrying*? Have a warning image appear when the temperature reaches that level; 80°C really scary*? Lets have a bright red icon then. Likewise you can set thresholds for fan speeds or voltages (although I've never really understood the interest in that last one). Use whatever icons you like and define 5 different statuses (using four threshold levels). See the included icon sets which are based on the excellent icon set "silk" from famfamfam.com.

Additionally, you can plot graphs over time of any factor.

e.g.:

Here you can see my current layout, including an array of temperatures and the speed of my main fan.

Download
(Download disabled as the current version is bundled with LCDHost)

The icon sets use an image map similar to LH_Weather; open one of the image map files included to see how this one is formatted exactly. Remember, when choosing a file for the speedfan status image, you should be choosing an image map (text) file and not an image file...

*I just pulled these numbers out of the air, and are by no means recommendations for your specific processor. I suggest you seek out the TjMax value for your processor (you can, ironically, get this easily from CoreTemp ;-p) and base your thresholds off that. Our mutual friend, Mr Google, should help you establish learn more about  TjMax. Alternatively if you've been monitoring your temperatures etc for a while you probably know what's normal for your system.
« Last Edit: 2011-01-21 17:52:45 by Triscopic »

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
Re: [Release] LH_SpeedFan
« Reply #1 on: 2010-10-31 13:39:33 »
Release Notes:

v1.01
Minor fix to resolve an issue caused when SpeedFan launches whilst LCDHost is already running which resulted in random numbers being reported instead of the correct values.

v1.00:
This version is slightly modified from the original version that was bundled with LCDHost a11:
  • Now to select a temperate/fan speed/voltage you simply choose the desired entry from the Value Type drop down and select the index
  • The plugin will tell you how many items your motherboard is reporting for the value type you've selected and will limit you to choosing an index within the range
  • You can also toggle the units on or off.
  • You can add your own prefix or suffix to the values if you wish (as in my example above I've added "1: " etc as suffixes)
« Last Edit: 2010-10-31 17:39:10 by Triscopic »

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
Re: [Release] LH_SpeedFan (v1.1)
« Reply #2 on: 2010-11-08 09:30:11 »
Release Notes:

v1.1:
  • Adds SpeedFan Status Images. Define 4 threshold levels for 5 statuses: Very Low < Low < OK < High < Very High. Each status can be given it's own icon. Statuses can be left out from the image map to have them ignored.

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
Re: [Release] LH_SpeedFan (v1.2)
« Reply #3 on: 2010-11-14 19:35:14 »
Release Notes:

v1.2:
  • Adds SpeedFan Graph which can be used to plot any sensor over time.

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
Re: [Release] LH_SpeedFan (v1.21)
« Reply #4 on: 2010-11-27 13:38:18 »
Release Notes:

Updated to 1.21:
  • Updated graphs to use the latest version of LH_Graph (v1.11)
  • Fixed "StaticText" duplicate entry from appearing.

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
Re: [Release] LH_SpeedFan (v1.22)
« Reply #5 on: 2010-12-19 16:46:32 »
Release Notes:

Updated to 1.22:
  • Makes use of new int/float maxima in A13
  • Minor changes to LH_Text inheritance
  • Signed

(No download for this version as it is bundled with the LCDHost installer)

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
Re: [Depricated] LH_SpeedFan (v1.22)
« Reply #6 on: 2011-01-21 17:52:32 »
This plugin is deprecated from A14, in favour of LH_Monitoring

anything