Author Topic: LH_TS3 - Preview Only  (Read 8233 times)

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
LH_TS3 - Preview Only
« on: 2011-07-23 22:48:31 »
LH_TS3
Latest Version: N/A (Preview)

This is my 500th Post!

To celebrate my reaching such a nice round number and finally achieving the title of "Hero Member" and a full five stars rectangles, I've decided to give you all a sneak preview of my current work-in-progress. It works pretty nicely now already, and although there are still a few rough edges I'm confident I'll have it ready for A19.

This plugin allows LCDHost to extract information from Team Speak 3. Without any additional configuration it will just spot an open TS3 client and begin monitoring for people who speak. This information can then be displayed on your layout.

Additionally it will also pull the name of your channel and the status of your microphone and speakers (if you specify your user name (using a regular expression is recommended since this will allow it to detect if you use an alternate or if you diconnect/reconnect and the server assigns you a modifed name because your normal one didn't free up correctly)).
Update: as outlined below, thanks to TS3's development team, you no longer need to specify your username: LH_TS3 can now pull your identity directly from the TeamSpeak 3 client.
« Last Edit: 2011-08-06 13:52:36 by Triscopic »

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
Re: LH_TS3 - Preview Only
« Reply #1 on: 2011-07-23 22:49:18 »
(reserved)

Ender91

• Alpha & Omega
« Reply #2 on: 2011-07-23 22:50:56 »
Haha! So you've decided to make it public..... ;D
Nice work...! It certainly will make me use TS3 much often.....

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
« Reply #3 on: 2011-07-23 22:55:05 »
Yep.

I've also worked out how to make TS3 do stuff, like banning, kicking, etc etc which, if there's demand, I might add in a future release. I could also "easily" allow it to display a list of people in your channel and status icons long side them - speaking, mic muted, speakers muted - the only problem is working out how to create a way of displaying this - scrolling lists aren't really supported yet.

Perhaps I should add that as a future project! ;)

Ender91

• Alpha & Omega
« Reply #4 on: 2011-07-23 22:56:57 »
I could also "easily" allow it to display a list of people in your channel and status icons long side them - speaking, mic muted, speakers muted - the only problem is working out how to create a way of displaying this - scrolling lists aren't really supported yet.
Yeah, please go one..... :D

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
« Reply #5 on: 2011-08-06 13:46:27 »
Update:

Ok, any TS3 fans out there might like to know that TS3 support is now fully functional in A19. There are other things to do for A19, but when it comes out TS3 will be fully supported.

As an added bonus, I raised the issue that it wasn't possible to find out your own user ID via TS3's client-side query system and TS3's developers admitted that that was an oversight and have corrected it in the current beta. By the time A19 is released this change should have reached the live client which means the TS3 plugin is now even smoother - no need to specify your user id any more as it will simply pull it directly from the client application.

Ender91

• Alpha & Omega
« Reply #6 on: 2011-08-06 16:41:47 »
Awesome, simply awesome...... :D

littlemixi

« Reply #7 on: 2011-08-07 14:37:56 »
*thumbsup*

RSM72

« Reply #8 on: 2011-08-16 13:31:01 »
I want this NAO  :)

pakko

« Reply #9 on: 2011-10-04 14:32:37 »
any news?
LCD SirReal donor!

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
« Reply #10 on: 2011-10-11 06:32:56 »
Yes...

Situation Update: LH_TS3 was fully  functional for A19 when A19 was meant to include a major rewrite to the way plugins worked, i.e. Plugin API6. But then API6 slid back to being unstable and A19 was released with the existing Plugin API5 - which LH_TS3 didn't support...

Anyway, I've not been happy knowing that all my hard work was tied to API6 when API6 still isn't released, so one of the things I've been doing on my holiday (while my wife and my in-laws all talk in a language I barely understand) has been to rewrite LH_TS3 to be API5 compatible. This is now done and is working great so it will be included in the next LCDHost update (which will add a couple of key features I need to the current Plugin API5).

As for then that will be, well, the only certainty there is "before the current version expires" and "not before I get back from holiday" as without internet access I couldn't deal with any bug reports if people find something horrible that I've missed in testing.

(P.S. Note that the plugin is only compatible with TS3 v3.0.1 and up so make sure you've updated from 3.0.0.)

D1G1TALD3ATH

• ☢ ɯǝʇɔou ǝdɹɐɔ ☢
    • Digital Alchemists
« Reply #11 on: 2011-10-20 22:07:22 »
im so ready to have ts3 integration!

funboy

« Reply #12 on: 2011-11-01 22:57:40 »
I dont undestand, in how many day will he return from the holiday ?
There is a way to test plugin before it release, becouse i know it is incompatible with the last lcdhost but i dont find where download the previous compatible versions...

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
« Reply #13 on: 2011-11-02 11:03:35 »
I'm back. But SirReal is so busy with his new baby everything is on hold for a bit.

Once the constant screaming and pooping is down to a manageable level and SirReal is able to be online a bit more things will start moving again.

Advance Warning: I'm going to get TS3 released and maybe a few other things then I'm going to disappear for some time while I fight dragons and rebel Stormcloak scum.

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
« Reply #14 on: 2011-11-09 09:33:53 »
...And the released version is available now!

(check the plugins forum)

*Locked*