Author Topic: [Release] Full RSS  (Read 5537 times)

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
[Release] Full RSS
« on: 2011-05-07 10:03:37 »
Full RSS

Although not a full plugin, but an extension to the existing LH_Webkit plugin by SirReal, I am nevertheless pleased to announce the release of "Full RSS"

e.g.:

This allows you to display body text, complete with thumbnail images. You can add seperate headline texts just like now, but you can also set them up with an "offset" value so you can show a list of headlines, as in the example above.

Above you see a setup showing 5 headlines (although the font sizes are a little small for some) showing the currently visible item in large text and the next and previous two in smaller fonts.

A full example (the one above) will be in the Eos layout bundled with A16.

As a side bonus this required me to add the ability to parse a webpage using regular expressions to extract data. This feature is now available if you want it in the standard WebkitURL, which means you can point it at a website of your choice and try to extract specific data from it. That said, you will need to be pretty good with regular expressions to make that work, it's there if you are.

Available with A16

Calimero Oeuf

Re: [Release] Full RSS
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-09 18:21:24 »
where is that ?

i can't find it in alpha 16

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-09 20:40:18 »
open the Eos_News layout to see an example.

Calimero Oeuf

« Reply #3 on: 2011-05-09 20:43:38 »
ok thanks !

FlEXs

« Reply #4 on: 2011-06-27 01:13:05 »
Hey Guys,
I have a short question, is there anyway to stop that switching between feeds in the RSS feed (Body) Plugin?

Many thank in advance.
alea iacta est

Wayno

« Reply #5 on: 2011-06-28 07:20:20 »
does this support ssl rss?

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
« Reply #6 on: 2011-06-30 19:57:14 »
is there anyway to stop that switching between feeds in the RSS feed (Body) Plugin?

To turn off item cycling? I don't think so. I f you'd like it to be an option add it to the tracker please.

does this support ssl rss?

I don't know. If you've tried it and it doesn't work, raise it in the tracker and include an example feed I could code against

anything