Author Topic: [Release] LH_Graph (v1.3)  (Read 12110 times)

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
[Release] LH_Graph (v1.3)
« on: 2010-11-13 17:09:12 »
LH_Graph
Latest Version: 1.3

LH_Graph is a plugin that allows you to display the various statistics in a graph by time, such as CPU & Memory usage. Basically it offers the same data as LH_Bar (cpu usage, physical & virtual memory usage, network in/out), but drawn as plots of anything from the last 5 seconds to the last 2 hours.

Below are some graphs in action:
(Background is Hexillus by minimanjapan)

The graphs are pretty customizable:
  • Graphs can "auto scale" on either or both the upper or lower graph bounds. This means that even if the item you're looking at varies by only 0.1% for example, you can still see it as you can zoom in only on the area that changes.
    • e.g. the RAM graphs above who the same item (physical memory) but the left graph shows the data unscaled, the right one has auto scaling enabled for both the upper and lower bounds.
  • Display the graph's upper and/or lower bounds. Particularly useful if you decide to enable scaling. Can be set to appear on the left or right of the graph, and uses a "glow" effect so that if you want white text and a white fill, they don't become impossible to read! ;)
  • Use either lines or gradient-based area fills
  • The graph can capture from 5 to 600 data points (after that it erases the oldest as it adds a new one) and samples data anywhere between 1 and 12 seconds apart (# of points and sample interval are set by the user), so you can can have the graph show up to 2 hours of data.
  • Graphs support multiple lines (but not multiple scales, sorry); shown above (top left) is the Core Load graph which shows all cores as sepreate lines. Fill them with a partially transparent colour for the best effect
  • The net in & net out graphs offer multiple units. Display your graphs in kb/s, Mb/s, kB/s or MB/s. (Technically these are Kibi & Mebi not Kilo & Mega if that means anything to you - if you have no idea what that means you can ignore it.  :P)

N.B. When the plugin is loaded, the graphs will all appear next to their equivalent "bar" siblings, e.g. "Core Load (Graph)" can be found under "System\CPU" next to "Core Load (Bar)"
« Last Edit: 2011-05-07 09:17:35 by Triscopic »

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
Re: [Release] LH_Graph
« Reply #1 on: 2010-11-13 17:26:07 »
(reserved)
« Last Edit: 2010-11-13 23:54:51 by Triscopic »

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
Re: [Release] LH_Graph (1.01)
« Reply #2 on: 2010-11-14 19:30:05 »
Release Notes:

Updated to 1.1:
  • Adds SpeedFan Status Images. Define 4 threshold levels for 5 statuses: Very Low < Low < OK < High < Very High. Each status can be given it's own icon. Statuses can be left out from the image map to have them ignored.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-14 19:35:56 by Triscopic »

general_joe

Re: [Release] LH_Graph (v1.01)
« Reply #3 on: 2010-11-17 13:35:05 »
Any chance of Graph Style "Area Fill (Top to Bottom)"?  This would be a nice addition for graphing two cores against one another or inbound / outbound bandwidth.

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
« Reply #4 on: 2010-11-17 17:29:46 »
I assume you actually mean inverting the entire graph? The "Bottom to Top" simply refers to the direction of the gradient fill (i.e. the "Area color (start)" is used at the base and it gradually moves to "Area color (end)" as it moves up the filled area).

I think you're asking for, for example, the "0%" point on the Y-Axis to be at the top of the scale and the "100%" point to be at the bottom? If so, then yes, there's a definite possibility of that. If I do add it though I'm not sure it would help with graphing the cores as it stands as you can't pick out individual cores and the "all cores" graph could be plotting any number of lines (for example my PC has 4 cores, and I know AMB do a tri-core processor), so it might be strange to plot some lines one way and others another.

I suppose I could add a facility to graph individual cores. Then you could layer them one on top of the other which would work as long as you turned off auto scaling... but then auto scaling makes the graphs a lot more readable/useful (IMO). What do you think would be best approach?

Anyway, I can definitely make the graphs render "upside-down"; I'm just not too sure how useful that will be on it's own.

general_joe

« Reply #5 on: 2010-11-17 17:36:27 »
You're right, I did want to invert the Y-axis rather than change the fill.  It wasn't for cores though, but for inbound / outbound network traffic. :)

Attached is a sample of the layout; the two graphs to the right of the network in / out box are network in / out graphs, and I think it would look nice if the "Out" graph was inverted.

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
Re: [Release] LH_Graph (v1.1)
« Reply #6 on: 2010-11-17 18:39:21 »
Release Notes:

Updated to 1.1:
  • Added Orientation setting. Graphs can now be arranged in one of 8 orientations: time can be on the vertical or horizontal axis and can flow up, down, left or right and the value axis can have it's maximum values at either end. (As suggested by general_joe)

Note that this only affects graphs provided by LH_Graph, so SpeedFan, Fraps, etc graphs will still be using the v1.01 code until I get round to rebuilding them.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-17 18:41:33 by Triscopic »

general_joe

« Reply #7 on: 2010-11-18 09:46:59 »
Now that's what I call service. :)  Thanks very much!

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
« Reply #8 on: 2010-11-18 10:40:35 »
 ;D

FYI there is a bug in this build with the value-axis titles not repositioning themselves appropriately (so they are alwasy valMax as the top, valMin at the bottom whether you've got values on the y axis or x axis and regardless of whther you've inverted them or not. It will be fixed in the next release.

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
Re: [Release] LH_Graph (v1.11)
« Reply #9 on: 2010-11-27 13:36:05 »
Release Notes:

Updated to 1.11:
  • Fixed Y-Label positioning in different orientations

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
Re: [Release] LH_Graph (v1.20)
« Reply #10 on: 2011-01-21 18:00:48 »
Release Notes:

Updated to 1.20:
  • Replaced line# with named lines (ala dial needles)
  • Added ability to "Hard set" a graph's upper & lower bounds.
  • Added option to switch between Highest/Lowest shown values instread of Min/Max axis value labels
  • Added auto toggle off labels when empty (e.g. hiding the "0" on the Fraps graph when FPS is and has been zero for a while)
  • Add help details

This version will be bundled with A14 and is not available separately.

novax1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: 2011-03-09 19:34:54 »
Trisiscopic

I'm testing the new version in the option graph mui thick lines are blurred shoddy i
 Greetings

novax1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: 2011-03-10 11:35:29 »
Aida64 options do not work well
Dial clockwise indication disappear when you restart.
Graph the information is not correct all mui slow i stops working

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
« Reply #13 on: 2011-03-10 13:03:32 »
Yes, I've confirmed a problem in LH_Graph under A15. The problem I've confirmed is that the number of samples isn't being applied on load, so if you've set it to, say, 30 samples (as I do for all the graphs I look at), instead on loading it's remaining at the "unset" value of something like 300 samples. This is "fixed" as soon as you manually change the rate, but that's only good until the next theme reload.

This means that when you load a theme the graph lines are all bunched up and blurry.

This issue affects all graphs.

Please confirm that this describes the issue you are encountering.

I see no problem in LH_Dial. If you can replicate a problem constantly please let me know by posting about it on the LH_Dial thread.

In the mean time I will look into fixing LH_Graph.

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
Re: [Release] LH_Graph (v1.21)
« Reply #14 on: 2011-03-11 18:22:14 »
Release Notes:

Updated to 1.21:
  • Fixed the issue with "max samples" not loading correctly