Author Topic: [Release] LH_LCoreReboot  (Read 5297 times)

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
[Release] LH_LCoreReboot
« on: 2011-11-10 17:57:29 »
LH_LCoreReboot
Latest Version: v1.00

This plugin provides a facility to restart the Logitech Gaming Software (LGS). It simply locates the running LGS process (LCore.exe), kills it and then relaunches the Logitech Gaming Software (sending it directly to the system tray, rather than allowing the main LGS window to open).

The purpose of this is to help the user quickly recover from a crashed LGS instance (i.e. when the lcd display appears frozen).

Download LH_LCoreReboot v1.00

This plugin cannot be used if LCDHost is not running as an administrator on Windows 7 or Vista due to UAC. Applications can be launched as an administrator at startup using scheduled tasks. Note, however, that doing this will mean any applications launched by LCDHost (i.e. by a layout) will also be launched in admin mode.

N.B. This plugin might not be useful to everyone. I developed it because I was experiencing LGS crashes too frequently, which might simply by due to the fact I'm writing plugins.

(P.S. 3 new plugins release in 3 days! A record!)

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
Re: [Release] LH_LCoreReboot
« Reply #1 on: 2011-11-10 17:57:48 »
*reserved*

littlemixi

« Reply #2 on: 2011-11-11 07:04:33 »
This is also a very good tool. Now I have to figured out how it works  :o

(P.S. 3 new plugins release in 3 days! A record!)

And we all like your stuff and very appreciate your work  :)

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
« Reply #3 on: 2011-11-11 08:05:35 »
This is also a very good tool. Now I have to figured out how it works  :o

Easy. Run LCDHost as an Administrator. Then on the plugin settings page for this plugin you'll see a big button. Clicking it will terminate the LGS process and then restart it.

For me this is very very useful. But maybe not for other people, I don't know.

Also note I've only tested this on Windows 7.

littlemixi

« Reply #4 on: 2011-11-12 08:45:13 »
Okay...I've got it and it worked  8) BUT is it possible to combine this button to my layout?
It would be very helpful for me too, because Logitech freezes very often during I'm playing games  :(

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
« Reply #5 on: 2011-11-13 11:46:19 »
Sadly no: when LGS crashes LCDHost can't interact with the keyboard any more!

I hope eventually LCDHost will have a system-tray menu that plugins can add commands to, so that you can just right-click on the LCDHost icon and choose a "Restart LGS" option... but for now it's just this button. Still easier than using taskmgr to kill it manually and the rerun it.