Author Topic: [Release] LH_Monitoring (v1.05)  (Read 34338 times)

Chakotey

Re: [Release] LH_Monitoring (v1.05)
« Reply #60 on: 2012-07-24 21:47:45 »
Mhhh tried it but on my Documents File Folder is must overwrite the original Monitoring dll File or not?

Here is the Log:

novax1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: 2012-07-25 06:28:35 »
Mhhh tried it but on my Documents File Folder is must overwrite the original Monitoring dll File or not?

Here is the Log:

you have to overwrite the dll plugins for the changes to take effect.
you have several options if you do not work.
If overwrite the dll still not working active box bolbera update the program only assume default state and then exit and reenter.
if the program I advise you very manipulated to uninstall it and delete any registry trace of the program and install it again.
then follow the steps above before adding the plugins

Neofit

« Reply #62 on: 2012-10-08 13:08:47 »
Hi,

Concerning Fraps, its own g15 app shows a small 'film' icon when when movie recording is on. Is it one of the things that the Fraps people are not showing to the external apps?

MPD

« Reply #63 on: 2013-01-28 08:26:57 »
Got an odd problem I can't figure out... I'm trying to use conditional formatting on a LH_Monitoring/MonitoringBar.

Its picking up the GPU temps but I can't get the background to change colour... I've got two simple levels for testing <=35 background black, >35 background red.  But it never changes from black (even though the bar correctly moves) when I stress the card.

I can do this simple conditional formatting fine on LH_Monitoring/MonitoringText to change the text colour

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

NemesisRE

• NRE.Com.Net
« Reply #64 on: 2013-02-23 13:09:25 »
I dont get all Sensor data in the list for HWiNFO, missing "GPU Memory Load" and other sensor (data but this is needed for my layout)

Reaves

« Reply #65 on: 2013-04-05 12:12:11 »
Anyway to get this to work using Asus AI suite? I'd rather not install another monitoring app when I've already got one.

Juzz

Openhardware monitor support
« Reply #66 on: 2013-04-22 09:20:55 »
Hey there,

Any chance of getting Open Hardware Monitor support?
You can get a buttload of good info from that application - including the state of your SSDs.

Cheers
Juzz

kenshao

« Reply #67 on: 2013-04-28 15:50:04 »
Hello all, I've been using lcdhost with LH_Monitoring since I first got my g19.
I just discovered this board, and there is just a single feature that i've been looking into adding to my lcd host for like, forever, but never could find out where.

I wanted to have a constant ping to an IP I determined and the ping result to show in the tracker.
Do you think it's possible to add this to your plugin? I know the network ins and outs you probably get directly from windows, and that a ping could be harder, but so far, it's the only thing that I'm missing from lcdhost at all :), and your plugin does 99% of what I use already.

Cheers

micpt

« Reply #68 on: 2013-04-28 18:56:40 »
Use redirection, for example:

ping 192.168.1.1 -t > filename.txt

This will redirect all (standard) output from the program in to filename.txt, which will be created if it doesn't exist and overwritten if it does.

You can instead use >> instead of > to redirect the output to a file and append the results to the end of the file, instead of overwriting (with thanks to @Jane T for the reminder).

Note that you will not recieve the normal on-screen output if you do this.
Update in response to comment

To delay between pings and record the time of each you can do some scripting.

Here is a quick Windows batch file I've thrown together, it prints the time, pings google, then waits for 3 seconds before repeating itself. I'm not a batch file expert so if anyone spots any problems please flag them up! And this probably isn't the "best" way to achieve what you are after - that might make for a seperate question really.

@ECHO OFF

:LOOPSTART

time /T
ping www.google.com -n 4
sleep -m 3000

GOTO LOOPSTART

Save this in a .bat file somewhere, edit the ping target and delay time as you need it, then run the .bat using redirection to pump the output of the whole thing to a file.

Note that this batch file never ends, but can be terminated by Ctrl + C and then Y if run from cmd. (You must press Y because it asks if you want to stop the batch file - even thought you cannot see the question because you've redirected the output!)

when you have the ping.file use dataviewer to read the values from this file and show them on the display ;)

kenshao

« Reply #69 on: 2013-04-28 19:49:28 »
I wasn't aware that it was possible.
I just did it, the ping.txt file is ready, but I tried following the guide in the lh_dataviewer, and it's sooo hard to make it work.

Do I have to make the ping.bat and put it into the data map, and ping.txt in data source or do I have to have the ping.bat always running, and just put in the data source ping.txt?
also, these are the contents of ping.bat

ping 8.8.8.8 -t > ping.txt

it seems the ping.txt is always 0 or 1 byte, not really sure if it's correct like this

asxavier

Re: Openhardware monitor support
« Reply #70 on: 2013-05-28 03:08:01 »
Hey there,

You can get a buttload of good info from that application - including the state of your SSDs.

Cheers
Juzz

Hei, second that!!! support for open hardware monitor would be great!

johnnyvd

Re: Openhardware monitor support
« Reply #71 on: 2013-06-26 06:24:26 »
Hey there,

Cheers
Juzz

And i third that! I use Open Hardware Monitor to monitor my system and send software data to my Aquaero 5 LT.

I really would like to keep an eye on my GPU and VRM temps during heavy gaming or benching. The only problem is that Aida64 is very heavyweight on the resources and costs me 6-10 FPS just to run it on the background. Also Aida64 (and HWinfo for that matter) take quite a long time to load!

Most of the monitoring programs can't communicate with Aquasuite or the Aquaero 5 LT and running two monitoring applications further increases the overhead..

It seems that Speedfan was once compatible with Aquasuite, but it isn't any more, so i don't have an out-of-the-box solution at the moment to achieve both goals: sending data to G19 and sending data to the Aquaero!

Cheers, John

micpt

« Reply #72 on: 2013-06-26 10:19:59 »
AIDA uses ~20MB RAM and it runs with lcdHost and Aquasuite at the same time .. it uses a max from 0,3 % CPU -

Right now AIDA send data to AS and G19 Layout.

ever_over

« Reply #73 on: 2013-07-23 08:34:02 »
Hello,
Since several LCDHost releases (maybe 0.27), monitoring graph behaviour is not correct. I use LCDHost 0.34 with HWInfo64 monitoring tool.
Problem description : "monitoring graph" class instance always display all item lines, whatever item is selected. It should only display the line matching item selected. I tried the tip from Tricopic (http://forum.linkdata.se/lcdhost-plugins/release-lhgraph-v1.3-124.msg1752.html#msg1752) but HWInfo64 provides 3 more fields in item list (average, min and max) which cannot be made transparent.

Thanks a lot for the great tool LCDHost.